Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Did Anybody Think to Pray?

Throughout America's long history, her leaders have often called upon the nation to pray during times of crisis.

Has anyone heard anybody from Washington call on the nation to pray?

It appears to me that instead, we have taken matters into our own hands and smugly formulated our own plans with our own resources. I don't know about you, but every time I have tried that in my own personal life - I have fallen on my face.

So I have offered a great deal of comments lately about this economic crisis that we -as a nation- are purportedly on the brink of. But I have offered few solutions.

So here is my suggestion.

Call for prayer.

Then, lets get our heads together and formulate a plan.

I did hear about a free market solution, apparently being offered by a legislator from Texas - he proposes a temporary reduction in the capital gains tax.

I expect that this economy would go back to whirrrring along pretty quick after that.

But what kind of lessons would that teach our children?

That tax-cuts work.

-for everyone.

That government serves us best when it stays out of our pocketbooks.

-and out of our way!

I don't see many congressional "leaders" going along with that. There power is derived these days from the fear, panic and ignorance of the people.

Okay, so I am a little ticked.


And another thing - this President - in whom I am well pleased.... has not served us well on this issue.

No comments: