Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Goat Man

Who remembers the Goat Man?

A rough looking old man who traveled the country in a tattered wagon pulled by goats.

I sometimes have wondered if I really remembered him or if he was just an urban legend. But I do remember occasions in which Dad would come home from work and announce that the Goat man was in the area. After supper, we would ride to the outskirts of town, often at some abandoned or burned out building. There we would see a mass of cars parked near an old wagon.

My Dad and I approached the Goat Man a time or two but I don't remember ever talking with him.

Those times return to my memory from time to time.
So I googled him.

Click here to link to a website dedicated to the Goat Man if you are curious.

I would be interested in hearing any stories.

No comments: