Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Break

We are settling in at an Inn in Destin, Florida. I think this is the first time since our children have been having "fall-breaks" that we have actually used one to take a little trip.

We had an interesting ride in, I thought I would share a few things with you:

  • We found some towns with interesting names like Opp, Luverne and Andalusia. Our reservations do not begin until tomorrow and we almost stayed in a town called Shalimar.
  • We passed the "It Don't Matter" family restaurant and it appeared to be a fairly nice establishment - however I could see a "trademark" excuse that might be used by any of the employees i.e. "Hey, my steaks' not even been close to the fire and I ordered it well-done!" - "I understand sir, but you know around here it - "JUST DON'T MATTER"...
  • We missed a golden opportunity to see a "Live Rattlesnake Display" in Opp - oddly enough, I couldn't convince my family to take the time for that.
  • In addition, there were some towns with very amicable names like Niceville and Friendship.
  • In Montgomery, Alabama, I was both thrilled and saddened... there were guys wearing pink and black sandwich-board signs at busy intersections. The signs proclaimed that the Flea Market was Going out of Business. . . about the time that I recognized the name - Mongomery Flea Market - I saw the huge edifice to my right and realized that it truly is "like-a....like-a... it's like-a-mini-mall!"

If that last one doesn't make sense to you then you may have missed this commercial that circulated a little while back:





We had an enjoyable drive, Ab and AA are old enough to need entertainment, but young enough to find some adventure in a long road trip.

I have been praying for us this trip, that we will not only be safe and blessed - but more than that - that God's plan will be accomplished in us. That He will be glorified and we will each be open to the changes He wants to make in us.
We want Him to emphasize the create part in recreation.

No comments: