Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Clatter in the Night!

For once I think I could put a Twitter account to good use.

Shortly after starting my last post, R. and I heard an awful racket (that's Southern for loud noise only louder and noisier) outside followed by some long mournful cries.

We both hurried out the front door and peered intently into the dark woods before our house. Suddenly our trusty old Chocolate Lab - Tanner, bolted around the house displaying an aggression we had never seen in him before. He barked menacingly toward the woods but would not actually venture into the woods (which is more to his nature).

The cries continued, and we determined that it was a cat. We soon saw the thing perched over head in a tree. I fetched a flashlight and beamed it on the cat... "I'm not sure that's our cat" I said.
R. took a closer look - and her tone immediately reverted to that syrupy-baby talk that they use with cat (improvise your own favorite goofy pet talk here) "yeah, that's my baby...come on down little sweetie" she said.

I later learned that she did not have on her glasses or contacts. Because the cat we coaxed down was a big fluffy cat and wasn't our Angel. I think she may have had red glowing eyes.

We really weren't sure of the mistaken identity until she completely dismounted off the tree and stared at us momentarily like we were crazy then headed off into the woods.

Our cat -we soon learned- was in same said tree only at a higher level and clinging for dear life.

So far she has not been coaxed down. When I began this quickie-post, R. was back out their coaxing, begging, cajoling.

You can't beg a cat.

You beg a cat and they own you for the rest of your life.

I say when she gets hungry she'll come down...


....or else she'll come down when we get that nice man with the bucket truck to comes get her down.

No comments: