Friday, January 8, 2010

The Year of Truth

What if 2010 became know as the Year of Truth?

Absolute truth exists - and exists whether it is acknowledged by anyone or not.

I believe that God and His Word are Truth and therefore He is inexplicably tied to Truth. When Truth is spoken, there is something of God in it and I believe He takes an active role in the fulfillment of that truth.

What if the Truth began to resonate with people this year? Wouldn't that be refreshing and amazing?

What if men and women began this year to talk about what they believe and why they believe it? It would be something of a return to the Age of Reason.

What about me personally? What if I began to more fully embrace the Truth and speak up about it more often and without feeling that I need to "cushion" it or make it more palatable.

I was thinking about writing this post earlier this week and then I began to hear about these comments from Fox News Senior Political Analyst, Brit Hume:




I saw Mr. Hume in a subsequent interview in which he expanded his remarks and made a bold endorsement of the Christian walk. I found myself waiting for the "but" statement or the qualifier that so often follows a bold advance these days.

It never came.

Thank you, Mr. Hume.

No comments: