Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 911



As I was finishing my drive home today, I remembered a similar drive eight years ago to the day.



It had been a dark day.



In a matter of moments that morning the whole world had changed.



I remembered today, that sense of foreboding I had experienced. . . I remembered wanting to get home and hold onto my very pregnant wife and my very special little girl.



Shortly after that time, I ran across this Norman Rockwell picture and thought it captured my sentiments.

I guess every American that was aware of what was going on, will always remember where they were when they first heard the news.

Though now, the fear of terrorist attacks at home do not seem quite so imminent, I still feel a heaviness - a concern on the Patriot Day ....

....are we any different today that we were on the day before 9-11?

Did we learn the lessons we should have learned?

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee!

No comments: