Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ted Dekker Almost Ruins Vacation!

I have now passed the book on to R. to read.

On Monday or Tuesday, I began in earnest to read Ted Dekker's Skin.  I think the book has been in my possession for a year or so - a loan from Chris who works with R. and who labeled it a "good vacation read".

Ha!

Like any Dekker book, the reader is lured in by action and twists and turns that start on page one and continue non-stop.

After missing out on several hours of family time while engrossed in this book whose rules kept changing, I began thinking thoughts quite critical of the author: 

"Ted, if you are luring me into this thing only to end up with three of these characters being the same person (**SPOILER WARNING**) like you did in "Thr3e" - I am going to be so angry!"
  or

"Teddy-boy, if this turns out to be some kind of alternate, parallel reality treatise.... ooooh I am going to be so ticked!"

Well, I endured though it meant that I would miss several more hours of beach time and sleep.

In a sick and wicked way, I encouraged R. to read it since she had already slurped right through her cream-puff Karen Kingsbury novel in just a day or so.

She's at the beach now (and I am here in the condo, on the computer - see! Dekker is still robbing me of my beach time!) and  I predict she has either bailed out  - 'cause it just "ain't her kinda' thing". or she is hooked.

If she's hooked, I will have some fun - knowing who the real bad guy is ...

...actually, I think the real villian is probably Dekker.

No comments: