Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I have been visiting some other blogs this morning, Jon at Stuff Christians Like, has a goal of being "unexplainable" this year - I like that. Over at Evotional.com, Mark Batterson has a good teaching on setting goals for the new year. He also shares one of his goals from a couple of years ago - "use all my vacation days" - I like that. . . in fact, I wouldn't mind adding a couple before I return from the holidays.

We have been discussing goals as a family and I have been encouraging the kids to do some soul searching about what they would like for God to change about them this year; and what He would like for them to do for Him. We have looked over some of the goals we set in previous years and our success ratio was pretty good.

I plan to spend a little time today (since I plan to return to work tomorrow) contemplating where I am presently. Then I would like to get a view of which direction God wants me to go this year.

Last night, we stayed home. It was a fairly nice evening. We came close to rejoining a Monopoly game we began earlier in the week. However, in transporting the gameboard from the dining room to a more comfortable place before the fireplace, some of our deeds and monies got intermingled. So instead, we watched "Journey to the Center of the Earth" - the old one. It took awhile for the kids to take an interest. And even when the action began, Ab had to announce that the boulders "were plastic" and that the monsters were "iguanas".

We lost R. shortly into the story - she loves movies... the first part ... more particularly, the opening credits . . . but unless there is a strong "hook" in the story line early on, she will go to sleep.

After the movie, we watched the New York City celebration at Time Square for about fifteen minutes on foxnews.com and the kids celebrated with sparklers.

Ab also managed to write a quick speech for 2008, but I haven't read it yet.

No comments: