Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Ghost of Snagbottom Pass - Epilogue

We all stayed with the Preacher and his wife that night and heard a retelling of the true Christmas story.




Later, we boys and Dillweed bedded down on the floor in the warm glow of the wood heater.



Ever since that Christmas, things have been a little different for me. I stopped worrying about superstitions and scary stories. Instead I just remember the angel’s words to the shepherds.



“Do not be afraid, for I bring you glad tidings of great joy which shall be unto all people!”



Even now, when I hear a certain Christmas Carol, it reminds me of that night and how the Christmas story taught me to live free of fear’s chains; the song goes . . .



God rest you merry gentlemen let nothing you dismay;

Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day ….

O tidings of comfort and joy….





The End

No comments: