Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kitty Capers

I didn't want a cat.

I really did not want to get a cat.

Now that we have one, I have been determined that she sleep outside at night. Since I am usually last to turn in, I usually get the honors of giving our little Angel a Bon-Voyag-ee to the Garag -ee.

I have been going to work earlier lately and sitting up late too (Vacation Hang Over). So one night this week, I trudged off to bed before R.

At approximately 3:26 AM, I learned that the cat was still in the house. How did I know this? You ask. I knew this because I was awakened by the distinct sensation of a cat crawling over my head to get from R.'s side of the bed to mine and off to my night stand.

I looked at my clock - noted the time and rolled over.

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night, check to see how much longer you have to sleep and it seems like only a moment later, the alarm clock is gently calling you from your glorious dreamworld?

Well I had an experience like that.

It seemed that no sooner had I rolled over than my alarm clock began its rakish appeal. I rolled over to try and understand what was going on and to try and stop that maddening alarm!

It was in the neighborhood of 5:30 AM . . . very A - M!

I tried to begin my morning ritual... shower, shave etc. . . . but I just couldn't seem to wake up. I was beginning to get concerned about how my day might go if I couldn't get some life into me.

I was beginning to come to life, just a little after my shower.

Then I looked at the clock in the bathroom.

3:50 AM . . . . very A - M !

The cat - that "sweet" little bundle of fuzzy "innocence" - had deviously achieved her revenge.

Apparently shortly after walking across my head that morning, she had also stepped on the button on the top of my alarm clock; the button that changes the time. She had strategically stood there just long enough to run the time up two hours.

It was a weird morning. Needless to say, I am sensing the need to look over my shoulder a little more often when Angel's in the house.

No comments: