Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Help for a Weary Traveler

Through a twist of fate - or better yet the kindness of some good friends, I have an opportunity to spend a couple days in Washington, DC.

Now despite the apparent "travel lines" that mark my face these days - I am not well-traveled.

I have barely been out of the Southeastern United States.

So help this homebound hooligan out.

I need suggestions.

Now I hesitate to ask for comments, because if no one responds then it will be evident to all who read this blog - that no one is reading this blog (Groucho Marx couldn't have said it better).

No - I am going to "step out of the boat" - I'm gonna take the risk.

(I wish my Mom had computer skills!)

Please respond to this question:

If you had one day to spend in D.C. and you wanted it to be a historically significant visit... What would you do?

thank you for your support!

2 comments:

al said...

I would get a ticket for the "Metro" (pubic ttransit) that allows you to get on & off at will. I'd go to the monuments and take the time to read what's on the wall @ the Lincoln. I'd stop at the Nat'l Archives and see the documents that laid the foundation of our gov't. I'd stand in the middle of the Nat'l Mall, take a deep breath and meditate on how much things in the USA have changed in our lifetime.

AMOCS said...

Great Suggestion, Al!!

That last suggestion may be more than I can bear.