Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Health Care Reform - Ha!

I have written my Senator regarding health care reform.

I haven't contacted my Representative in the House, because I trust him to do the right thing.

My Senator, a Republican, voted for TARP last year and started us down this road.

It is exciting to see a few brave souls stand against the tide. This week Senator Carnahan, Democrat of Missouri, was literally laughed at by the crowd in his town hall meeting when he said that the health care reform bill would even possibly bring about a BUDGET SURPLUS!?!?

Fox News' Neil Cavuto interviewed Robert Broadus of Maryland confronted Senator Ben King - Democrat from Maryland over healthcare reform.

Broadus chooses not to carry healthcare coverage now, because he lost his job and had to take a lesser paying position. Broadus' voice grew passionate as he questioned "you are going to tell me I have to pay a fine of $2500 a year!?"

It is fun to watch these representatives squirm in their home districts.

But perhaps they are to be pitied what with having to face the angry citizenry in their home districts and then they get back to Washington and have Rahm Emmanuel and his storm troopers intimidate them into supporting whatever new legislation the White House has decided it will force upon this great nation.

If I can contribute my 2 cents worth ... Health care is simple: we do our best to maintain our health, if we get sick we get help; those services cost money and so we pay for it.

I keep hearing how health care reform is such a "complicated" business... so complicated that our legislators and our own President haven't bothered to read it.

If it is complicated now - and it is - it is because the government is involved.

Look at it closely - everything that is goofy and complicated about health care is because of government involvement.

Now to fix that, Washington wants to apply the same solution that they have tried for 50 years - more government involvement.

It never has worked.
It never will.

No comments: