Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Democratic Party Has Made Me Rich!

I don't want to sound condescending - but it's true, the Democrats have made me rich!

For years it was the Republicans that were reputed to be the party of big business and money. But irony of ironies, I owe mine to the Dems.

Here is my "rags to riches" story:

It all started in the early 1990's, Bill Clinton was running for President and he was offering a "Middle Class Tax Cut". Furthermore, he felt that those filthy rich people needed to pay their fair share - Reagan and Bush had given them a free ride for too long!

I must say that I was skeptical at the time, but he made a believer out of me!

Why no sooner had he taken office than I learned that I was no longer in the Middle Class. Talk about upward mobility! Yeah, I know that I had transferred classes because I didn't get that "Middle Class Tax Cut" he had promised.

And I know I didn't move down in class, because my taxes increased!

That could only mean one thing - I had been promoted to the level of filthy rich and my tax increase represented my fair share.

Long years later, there came along a different President - "W", they called him.

Well along the way, I learned that he had given tax cuts to his wealthy friends.

Come to think of it - I had gotten some tax cuts!

Now I realized that not only was I rich, but I was also in tight with the President of the United States! So much so that he was granting me favor - kinda' like them oil barons and Haliburton people!

And to think, I never would have known about the second time in which fortune smiled on me - if it hadn't been for my friends in the Democratic Party telling me - over and over - for about six years!! (they wanted to be sure that I got it).

Now we are about to elect a new President and who do you think I see ... standing at the proverbial harbor and waving a flag to let me know that my ship has come in?

You guessed it - my pals in the Democratic Party.

There's ole Mr. Barack - reminding me and everybody else how Mr. "W" made me rich with those tax cuts of his. And how he - Mr. Obama - is gonna' fix it so that the Middle Class is gonna' get another tax cut! And the folks that's gonna' pay it for is the RICH people.

Only thing is-I don't make $250,0000.00 a year - and that's what they are calling rich these days; I was feeling a little disheartened about that until Mr. Obama made it clear that plumbers - like that "Joe" fellow - don't make $250,000.00 a year neither.

In every life a little rain must fall. So I started thinking my best days was behind me. It sure looked like I wasn't gonna' get to be rich no more under a Barack Presidency; $250K was just out of my league!

But then - wouldn't you know it - those Democrats came through for me again!!!

They started lowering the "Rich" standard. That's right! The first thing you know Mr. Obama had knocked a whole $50,000.00 off the "rich" amount. He started referring to "rich" folks earning $200,000.00.

Then that other fellow that runs with him - he's funny, believe you me! - Biden's his name... anyway he goes out and says that it's $150,000.00 that you need to be making to be considered rich and worthy of getting trashed.

So, thanks to my friends the Dems, I am on my way to Easy street again - I figure by a day or two after the inauguration, I'll be stinking rich again!

I'll tell you another thing - I probably won't be getting that Middle Class Tax Cut this time either.

No comments: