Sunday, July 6, 2008

80 is the New 40?!

Here's a little presentation of our Independence Day activities. It begins with a short video of my Mom on a Sea-Doo. It didn't occur to me until later that it's quite a feat for a woman of 80 to pull this off!!

When she hopped on, it didn't strike me as so unusual... my mother has always had something of a sense of fun and adventure, it just seemed natural for her.

I was the "late" baby in our family (eleven years between myself and my brother, the oldest) - Mom has always stopped short of calling me an "accident" ( for fear of wounding my still-sensitive Psyche) but she does go as far as to say I was a "surprise". Anyway, she and my Dad have already overseen one flock of grandchildren from my brother and sister - that group is now grown and there are some great-grandchildren along with my late arriving children. As we all sat around on the fourth, those grandchildren - now grown- recounted the times that "Grandmama" played softball with them and took them on picnics and such.

Now she has a cautious side, reared in a very strict and almost oppressive atmosphere, she too was a little over protective at times. But in many instances, she is first up for fun.

I'm proud of my Mom and proud that my children are getting the chance to experience Grandmama.


The other slides in the show are a little out of order - we actually visited a fireworks show in Cave Spring, Georgia on the 3rd.

Enjoy.

No comments: