Monday, August 31, 2009

Friday Nite Pizza!

In my heritage, I think there are possibly traces of Scottish, Irish, Anglo and American Indian - Cherokee . . . I am pretty sure there is no Italian as evidenced by the fact that my earliest recollection of pizza was from a box of "Chef-Boy-Ardee" (and what mother would name her son Boy Ardee!?).

Not until I was seven or so did I realize that real pizza had gooey cheese and not that powdery parmesian-looking stuff.

My mother always made ground beef pizza and served it up with navy beans or large limas.

For some time now, I have had a hankering for one of those pizzas - didn't even know if "Chef-Boy-Ardee" was still alive.

But recently I had grocery duty (a task that I sometimes secretly enjoy) and I found my old friend, "Boy" (we are now on first name basis).

So last Friday when it became apparent that Mom was going to be working a little late, the kids and I took on a new adventure and a new twist on Family Pizza nite. . .


No comments: