Saturday, March 28, 2009

Like, WOW!

I ran across a line a couple of weeks ago while reading Crazy Love, by Francis Chan.

He said something about all parents wanting their children to like them. That just sort of struck me as something that I hadn't really thought about. I guess I thought most kids wanted their parents to like them - not the other way around. But as I thought on it, I realized that that statement is VERY true for me.

I really, really want my children to like me.

We inherit that desire from our heavenly Father. I think that pretty much any good thing around here on earth is a facsimile of the real thing in heaven.

And God wants His kids to like Him!

...not in some neurotic, co-dependent way ... He just wants us to like Him.

I think that is amazing. . . remarkable . . .

and I'm glad, cause I really do like Him!

No comments: