Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mr. Procrastination Strikes Again

Well Mr. Procrastination had done it again.

It's a good thing I did not resolve to stop procrastinating in 2009 . . . I had planned to, but never got around to it...

It is the coldest day of the year -so far.... Chicago reported the coldest temperatures in a decade ... Flint, Michigan is breaking a 95 year record for cold (according to The Drudge Report) and where was I at 7:00 tonight?

Out stacking firewood that I finally replenished.

We burn wood for fun mostly - and atmosphere ... and to keep warm on nights like tonight.


But our wood supply had dropped drastically low.

So "Mr. Procrastination" finally bought a truck load of firewood.

(You may remember an earlier post about my last attempt at cutting my own firewood and the demise of my chainsaw shortly after Christmas).

Perhaps I will tell you about my "backsliding" into Panic Prayers again, in another post, but to keep this one on-point I will stick to the subject at hand.

My Steadfast Wife joined me in my quest to get the wood stacked before losing my bout with frostbite. She is really something! It was a nice sight to look up and see her there before me, silhouetted by the flood light behind her ... though it did take me a moment to recognize her in the boggin cap and under bundles of clothes. In fact she looked a little "Charles-Manson-like" at first ... but then that may have just been the delirium from the lack of heat getting to my brain.

At any rate we got a very good deal on some very good -dry- wood and tonight I am blogging beside the embers. It would sorta' put you in mind of Lincoln himself ... except that I don't think ole honest Abe was much of a procrastinator. And he wouldn't have let a little thing like a broken chainsaw stop him from amassing large quantities of firewood ... after all he was the "rail-splitter".

Yes, I could be feeling very low right now... drowning in the guilt of my propensity to put off... but I'm not because while looking through the Drudge Report, I found this headline ...








Waxman promises quick action on climate



Record breaking cold . . . and Henry and the boys are finally getting around to fixing this global warming thing.

Thanks, guys.

No comments: