Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Christmas Story

Over the next week or so, I will be publishing a Christmas story on this blog in seven installments.

On Ab's second Christmas, I wrote a little story about an opossum (around here we call them "Possums" and sometimes we call them "dinner") named Poe-Sam.

After feeling particularly inspired on Ab's first and second Christmases to write children's stories, I had ambitions of writing stories for each holiday. When the inspiration did not seem to keep up with my aspirations, I decided to try and write a story each Christmas.

When AA came along the next Christmas, my energy and inspiration - and quiet time were all dissipating fast! Since then, my stories have been on a "hit and miss" basis.

I believe God allowed me (and blessed me)to write the good ones. I can define them as "good" when I read them later and think - "how did I come up with that?"

Anyway, I hope you like A Christmas Dinner for Mister Poe Sam. If you want to let your kids read it, I think it will be okay - one objective of mine is to never include anything here I wouldn't want my kids to read.

Installment One begins tomorrow, the others will follow over the next week or so.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: