Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Perspective on Gifts

Over the past year I have not done what most bloggers say that bloggers should do - and that is to read other blogs and post comments.  I usually go to my better half's blog to see if she said anything about me and then on occasion I will use her links to visit a couple of the several "mommy-blogs" in her favorites list.

Today I found a very interesting post on the Lot's of Scotts  blog.  JMom's posts are always heartfelt and each one provides an excellent learning opportunity. 

Earlier this week, she linked to a great post from a site called Rethinking Christmas, which I think presents a proper perspective with which we should launch the upcoming Christmas Season ( which, of course, comes after we have given that understated holiday - Thanksgiving - it's due).

Here's the link to the post:
http://www.rethinkingchristmas.com/?q=node/192

I like the idea that Christmas Gifts should remind us of the Reason we celebrate; the heart with which we give should reflect Christ.

Read it when you have a few quiet moments.

No comments: